Nihad Djouwé Gervais: Who is that?

After sharing a few articles with you, where I had the effrontery to talk to you as though we were friends, I guess it is now normal to finally unveil myself and where I got the precious knowledge that I share from.

On a legal note I am DJOUWE BIDJANGA Gervais, hailing Cameroon. I have adopted the pen name Nihad ever since it was given to me by a Muslim family in Accra (Ghana) as, even though I was a Christian, I fully took part in the Kareem with them everyday up to the day of Ramadan. You may call me Gervais, Nihad or Mr. Djouwé. On social networks i sign my publications with #CestGervais.

Even though I am a Senior Marketing Manager/Brand Manager/Senior Business Developper, i started my carrer as a Business Strategist & Administrator (studied Business Administation from 2005 to 2009 in Central University College in Accra, Ghana), thanks to my various stints in industries such as Microfinance, high end hospitality, events organizing, distribution and solar energy.

On a self-made note I am an entrepreneur, a consultant, a coach, a facilitator, a translator and a writer thanks to my setting up of 3 companies to date. The first of which is bankrupted (Gravies Group, Ghana), the second is on standby (Hermes School of Languages, Ghana) and my last born, henceFORTH will be 10 years old this November 2023. Also, in October 2011 I published a book titled Application Means Appointment; it is a very simple but powerful tool that explains to first time managers, reminds to HR manager and teaches students the background workings of the recruitment process.

All these taught me how a business works (with a vantage point from different departments), how to start and conduct a project, how to work with people, how to be more organized and efficient, what good work looks like and how to make decisions. In order to materialize these skills (or make them more formal), I enrolled in an MBA course at ESSEC de Douala in 2013, having SMEs Management Techniques as  major and with a particular stress on projects development and strategic management.

Setting up in my native Cameroon in April 2013, I noticed two phenomenons:
      ·         People wanting to start something up but scared to do so and not knowing how to go about it and
     ·         Already established SMEs and Startups struggling to keep their heads above the water and been comfortable with a certain level of mediocrity

These, combined with:
      ·         The ease of opening a business finally been effective,
      ·         Various business summits with France and Turkey,
      ·         The publication of more decrees and laws favorable to entrepreneurship and SMEs…

…I therefore ended up founding and being the General Manager of henceFORTH Cameroon, which started as a Management consulting company based in Douala, with the ambitious goal to put my experience and versatility at the service of upcoming and established SMEs, NGOs, Associations and Local Governmental Representations. After all, I know how to keep a business afloat and how to make it sink, I have done both. Now we are Marketing consultants with capacity to deploy in CEMAC and ECOWAS sub-regions.

In March 2015, i stepped in the Marketing & communication industry with the setting up of an events digital magazine: Chill'in Mag. After about 2 years of running the Mag, it fell again but i stayed in love with Marketing for good. It took me two years to better myself in the field in various agencies: BTL, strategy, digital, strategy again. During this same time, i was teaching assistant in private univerties. I then moved in companies first as Marketing officer, then Marketing Manager and finally brand manager. Here, my dream of running of the most preferred brand's in Cameroon came true: Special Drinks from the renowned UCB Brewery, a company founded in 1972 by the Patriach Fua Toula Kadji Defosso. My creativity had me appointed to my current position of Brand Managers in charge of Innovations in the same company.

On a more personal note, I was born in 1985. I am currently separated after 8 years of mariage and I am father to the 3 sweetest little wizards who ever walked earth. I am fond of words (i like playing with them), brain games, good food, reading, people, languages, movies ans places.

Finally, I am extremely bilingual (English and French), utterly creative, stubornly disruptive, very IT-minded, as positive as the word can’t say it enough and ever willing and keen to help you and your enterprises/ventures, existing or upcoming, to reach that level you have no idea it is posible ot reach.

So why don’t you drop a message and we start talking.

djouwegervais@gmail.com  

Tel & WhatsApp : (237) 651 353 355

Facebook: www.facebook.com/nihaddjouwegervais

Twitter: @cestgervais or  https://twitter.com/djouwegervais

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/djouwe-b-gervais/

Douala – CEMAC – CEDEAO 

#CestGervais

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choisir entre SWOT et PESTL : l’analyse

Fonction Marketing vs Fonction commerciale